Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Brittany Marshall

Name: Brittany Marshall
Number: 7
Position: Shortstop
Year: Sophomore
From: Malone, NY
Major: Biology

Reason for choosing Plattsburgh ?

"I chose Plattsburgh because it’s very close to home and my older sister was already at this school. I really enjoyed the campus, the programs offered and I thought the teams I wanted to be a part of were a perfect fit."

 
Started playing softball when?

"I started playing when I was 7 years old. I started out playing shortstop and 3rd base. I did try pitching at one point in time so I could be like my big sister but that didn’t work out to well. I played for the Adirondack Diamonds and for my Junior/High school teams. I earned team MVP awards, 1st team All Northern league awards, and scholar athlete awards."

Other sports played before?

"In High school I played soccer and basketball. I currently play basketball for Plattsburgh too."

Favorite professional sports/teams?

NY Yankees, New England Patriots

Something you’re proud of and WHY?  

"I am proud of the person I have become and to be a part of the family I have. My family is amazing and they have supported me through everything I have done. I wouldn’t be where I am or who I am without them."

Other hobbies you enjoy?

"Personal training, any outdoor activity and hanging out with my family and friends."

Favorite Food?

Pickles

Favorite community service experience and WHY?

"My favorite community service experience was participating in the relay for life. I loved seeing everyone who had overcome cancer and seemed so happy and full of life. I was truly inspired by each and every one of them. It was just so much fun and for such a great cause."

Favorite moment so far while being apart of the Plattsburgh State Softball Team and WHY?

"My favorite moment was the entire post-season last year. Winning SUNYACS, then going on to win Regionals and make it to the World Series was such an awesome experience. I’m so grateful to have been a part of that."

Goals set while at Plattsburgh ?

"My goals are to maintain a high GPA and enjoy my college experience."

Plans after college?

"After college I plan to either go to Physicians Assistant school or Med School. Then get a good job at the hospital in my home town and live somewhere up in the woods where I grew up."

No comments:

Post a Comment