Monday, March 11, 2013

Samantha Tenney

Name: Samantha Tenney
Number: 20
Position: Catcher
Year: Jr.
From: Morrisonville
Major: Occupational Therapy
Minors: Personal Trainer


Reason for choosing Plattsburgh?

            "I chose to come to Plattsburgh State because when I came to visit the team they were all very welcoming. Also, while transferring from Cortland everyone was very helpful in getting me what I needed.  However, the biggest perk was being close to home."

Started playing softball when?
  
            "I began playing softball when I was about ten years old. I started my career in the outfield however became relatively bored and soon became a catcher. The first team I was ever played for was my town and then progressed to modify in Junior High. After that I played for Saranac High School JV team for two years and Varsity my junior and senior year. Throughout my high school performance I was awarded “Best Defensive Player”, “Most Valuable Player”, League MVP, and first team all stars. I also started playing travel ball my junior summer for the Northern Devils."

Other sports played before?

            Basketball

Favorite professional sports/teams?

            Boston Red Sox
            Montreal Canadians
            New York Giants
  
Something you’re proud of and WHY?

            "Something that I am proud of is not allowing other people determine my future. I have become both an excellent student and teammate. Also, I am to have overcome many obstacles in my life that others may not have been able to."
           

Other hobbies you enjoy?

            "My favorite thing to do other than playing softball is to go hiking. I just recently found this passion during our fall ball season. I also, enjoy spending time at the beach and playing in the ocean with my family."

Favorite Food?

            Smart Food White Cheddar Popcorn
  
Favorite community service experience and WHY?

            "My favorite community service has been reading to the kids while in Virginia. I read to a second grade class about different types of bugs. Reading to them was so much fun because they were so involved and smart about the subject that when you asked questions they all wanted to answer."

Favorite moment so far while being apart of the Plattsburgh State Softball Team and WHY?

            "My favorite moment here at Plattsburgh was anytime we beat SUNY Cortland. The most memorable was the time we won to take the SUNYAC Tournament from them. It was amazing to see that all the hard work we do pays off in the end and even ended us in the World Series."

Goals set while at Plattsburgh ?

            "While at Plattsburgh I want to graduate with an overall GPA of 3.5 to get into a graduate program for Occupational Therapy. Also, I want to be the type of leader that my teammates can come to no matter what."

Plans after college?

            "My plans after Plattsburgh State is to attend graduate school and find a job close to my family. While getting married and having two kids (a boy and a girl). Also, getting a dog that can ride in the front seat of my Jeep Wrangler."


 Any thing else you would like to add…

"I’m adopted" -Samantha Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment