Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kerry McCarty

Name: Kerry McCarty
Number: 18
Position: 2nd/SS
Year: 2016
From: Stony Brook NY
Major: Undecided
 
Reason for choosing Plattsburgh ? 
   "I chose Plattsburgh because when I came to visit the school it felt right. The community around the school was welcoming and involved and all the people I came in contact with were helpful and happy. When it came down to picking a school that was right for me I had no doubt in my mind that it was Plattsburgh State." 

Started playing softball when? 
   "I started playing softball in 7th grade. I was a pitcher, shortstop and second baseman and played on my elementary schools JV and Varsity team and then my high schools JV team for one year and Varsity team for three years. I was named Captain my Senior year and was selected All-Catholic Shortstop. I was also selected for the Marine Corp award for Athletic and Academic Excellence and the Ann-Marie Venturini Memorial Award for Softball and Academic Excellence."
 
Other sports played before?
    "I was a Championship Irish Dancer for 10 years." 

Favorite professional sports/teams?
    New York Mets
    Boston Red Sox
    Boston Bruins 

Something you’re proud of and WHY?
   "I think what I am most proud of is the person I have become. I have always felt that it is most important to do the right thing at the right moment regardless of who is watching." 

Other hobbies you enjoy?
  Skiing and Skating

Favorite Food?
  Potatoes

Favorite community service experience and WHY?
   "When I was in high school I was able to work with people at a nursing home with Alzheimer's and Dementia in my town. It was a very eye opening experience and was something that I really enjoyed doing. Just sitting and talking with the residents and hearing their old stories was very special for me and I hope that I can do that again soon." 

Favorite moment so far while being apart of the Plattsburgh State Softball Team and WHY?
   "So far everything about being on the Plattsburgh State Softball Team has been memorable and fun. The team and coaches are great and I love going to practice everyday and playing the game I love. It's an honor to be on this team and to call myself a Cardinal."
 
Goals set while at Plattsburgh ?
   "To graduate with a degree demonstrating strong academic performance and to become a standout player in the SUNYAC league."

Plans after college?
    "To be active in public service whether it be law enforcement or another form of community service."

No comments:

Post a Comment